Jan Nirman Kendra is a not for profit organization started by group of young social enthusiast in Year 2009. It was novel beginning with initial investment of shared vision and intense passion to achieve common mission. The mission was to build a humane society which makes our planet a better place to live. This mission led us to name our organization – ‘Jan Nirman Kendra’.
Jan Nirman Kendra took the shape of legal entity in year 2010 after getting registered under Societies Registration Act – XXI of 1860. The organization has focused on three key priority areas – Livelihood, Health and Education for underprivileged social & economically backward communities. We believe that our tangible contributions on these three priorities will aid in realizing our mission.
On livelihood front, we have given impetus on agriculture based livelihood and have worked extensively at naxal affected region. Some of the interventions like Revival of Agriculture based livelihoods in Nepal bordering districts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh and North Bihar with support of JAMSETJI TATA TRUST, MUMBAI, has extensively helped 1000 families to increase their income by adopting modern agricultural practices. Likewise, our intervention on Health front is focused on preventive health care where our approach is to organize awareness drive to inculcate the better hygiene practices. We partner with concern private and government agencies in ensuring better health care services in the region. On Education front, we endeavor to bridge the gap of digital literacy in the rural area by imparting digital training to rural youth under Information Communication Technology project. We ensure that our focus on education should help us achieve our mission i.e. to build a humane society. All our programs are designed and conceived in a way which helps us achieving respect, warmth, empathy and trust among the stakeholders.
Jan Nirman Kendra with its limited resource is creating a positive ripple in the society by engaging native people, community based organization, private and government agencies in its developmental programs & project. We believe in changing status quo with our passion and collaboration with like minded individuals and institutions.
We take pride in the active involvement of our board members as well as general member in the implementation of the programs which has further contributed in enlarging our scope and effectiveness of the organization.
|NAME & ADDRESS OF THE ORGANISATION||Jan Nirman Kendra
Regd. & Corr. Office:
New Police Line Chowk, Jay Ram Nagar,
P.O. Kolhua Paigambarpur, Muzaffarpur-843108. (Bihar)
Maniyarpur, P.O. Semraha, Via Tetariya ,
District East Champaran -845436 ( Bihar)
|NAME OF THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE||Mr. Rakesh Kumar Singh ,(Secretary)
New Police Line Chowk, Jay Ram Nagar,
“To build a humane society and make our planet a better place to live”
“To improve quality of life for underprivileged people in our area of operation by providing them better livelihood opportunities and improved health care, education and other facilities with the support and collaboration of likeminded agencies”
- Transparency & Accountability
- Respect for All
- Warmth in our approach
- Collaboration and Team work
- Responsibility to the next generation
- To encourage farmers especially small and marginal farmers to adopt modern agricultural practices to improve their family income.
- To provide a platform to get latest know how on modern agricultural practices and build their capacity to enhance their crop productivity & return on investment.
- To build capabilities on non-farm based livelihood opportunities through skill development program like stitching, embroidery, appliqué, electronics, computer etc work mainly among the rural folks.
- To provide market linkages for farm and non -farm based livelihood opportunities.
- To form self help groups of men, women, farmers and artisans and arrange credit facility for them in the form of loan, grant or revolving fund.
- To raise the level of the education in rural areas by running Non-Formal Education and Adult Education Centers.
- To work for the eradication of digital illiteracy and provide quality education to all.
- To provide value education to children, adolescents and adults which helps in creating a society that thrives on values of mutual respect, warmth, empathy and trust?
- To prevent, detect, address and resolve health problems and implement cost effective and efficient health care delivery system.
- To establish centers for immunization, first aid and common health check-up.
- To work with people with disabilities, old and dependable persons and provide them a dignity of life.
- To find out and promote talented youths involved in cultural activities in development perspective.
- To do relief work during flood, fire, epidemic, drought etc.
- To create awareness about the importance of environment and its preservation for good health.
- To develop infrastructure facilities like water logged drainage, sanitation, road and safe drinking water and low cost house in the village.
- To conduct sound and feasible welfare and development programs at remote, far-flung geographies.
- To encourage and create awareness among local people preserving their cultural and traditional heritage.
- To undertake any other initiatives /program/ project which help us creating better tomorrows for all in our Society.
Be collaborative, Be accountable, Be innovative
OUR APPROACH & METHODOLOGIES
Jan Nirman Kendra gives impetus to collaborative work approach which ensure program sustainability in long term. Our approach involves:-
- Research & Survey of Area in which Program is to be Implemented
- Identifying Key Concerning Issues Affecting the Implementation of Program
- Determining the Alternative Courses of Action to be Taken to Tackle those Issues
- Selecting the Best Course of Action To be Undertaken
- Formulating an Overall Plan for Implementation of Program so that the Benefits of Program might Reach to the Grass Root Communities
- Implementation of Program According to Plan
- Continuous Comparison of Results Achieve with Plans for Improvement during the Program implementation Period
GEOGRAPHICAL AREA OF OPERATION
Our NGO is working various developments and research works in the Bihar States. At present Society working in the villages of Different Blocks of Muzaffarpur, Samastipur and East Champaran district in Bihar state. The area of operation of the organization is all over India
- Dalit, Marginalized and under privileged communities.
- Deprived & Disadvantaged children
- Small and Marginal Farmers
- Migrant Laborers
- Women and adolescents
FUNDING AND SUPPORT AGENCIES:
- Improved Agriculture practices- ITC Mission Sunehara Kal- Wheat Development Program
- Block Samastipur,Distt. Samastipur.
- Revival of Agriculture Based Livelihoods in Nepal Bordering districts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh and Northern Bihar – Supported by JAMSETJI TATA TRUST, MUMBAI
VILL.MANIYARPUR, PANCHYAT BAHUARA GOPI SINGH, BLOCK TETARIYA,DISTT. EAST CHAMPARAN (BIHAR)
- Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, Mumbai and Grameen Development Services, Lucknow
- Information Communication Technology-DEF New Delhi.